How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 18 year old son has a trust fund and I am trustee. The

Customer Question

Our 18 year old son has a trust fund and I am trustee. The trust fund stipulates that distributions can be made for health, education, maintenance and support as long as the expense is not considered a parental obligation.
Our son has been struggling with mental health issues and is moving to an adult transition program. I believe that the expense for this program can be covered by the HEMS clause. Is this correct?
Should I be aware of anything else?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
What is the purpose of the program... to enable him to be able to function on his own eventually?