Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have to start with that i have no money. i live at

Customer Question
hello, i have to start...
hello, i have to start with that i have no money. i live at the poverty line. I had dfs show up at my house this past week and they said that their concern was that my kids are going to school :"filithy". Both the school has no knowledge of this. They came in my house for an inspection and the toys and cloths that were on the floor were "unacceptable". they did not fallow up with the schools or see my children before or after their visit here.
i beilive there was a breech of contract with one of the staff or sub at the school bc i have got the policy and there is steps that they are to fallow. If it was not the staff, the parent volunteers also have to sign an confidentiality agreement too. they too my kids five years ago with no warrent and no court ruling. the district attorney told them last time that they did not want to pursue us. they still removed my children for five days. when they were returned they were extremely ill. i greatly appreciate your time and any help you would be able to d for me. i feel my right have been violated twice by dfs and the police in saratoga as well as a violation of my children right in school with someone calling dfs before going though the school policy's, that the staff and volunteers signed. thank you again.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/26/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 3 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.Please tell me about the "confidentiality" agreement. In what regard does the agreement have to do with this matter? Thank you
The allegations were my children were sent to school fitithy. Everyone as in staff at the school and sub as well as parent volunteers have to sign a confidential agreement which holds them to not take action on suspect of neglect without going through the protocol of the school. Right? I feel someone has violated that and skipped out on that contract. Dfs said my house was uacepiable but the police man said it was not bad at all. They want to monthly visits to my house now. I feel my name has been ran through the mud. In a town of 1700 everyone finds out shit like this and looks at you different. :(
This is the second time they have invaded my house. The first time I didn't know any better but to believe what they said. They took my kids for 5 days and returned the extreamly I'll. My 3 year old at the time which the took from school came back with viral namounia. Which she can not get every winter BC she got it once. :( my 9 month old came back with a double bacterial eye infection. And after all that I now look like the bad mom BC they returened them I'll and I took them to the doctor.
HelloThank you. I am sorry to hear of the situation. First of all, the law requires teachers, etc to report any suspected abuse. They are deemed "Mandated" reporters under the law. So I am not sure the confidentially agreement is even valid. As to the Child Protective Services, it is shame what they are doing to your family. They have a lot of authority. I suggest, you should consider talking to your elected officials and discuss this with them and ask them to help you to put an end to this nonsense. You can use this link to contact you local elected officials.