How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31788
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of a pro se motion so that I can ask extension

Customer Question

I am in need of a pro se motion so that I can ask for an extension of time on an order signed by a judge. I have until 5/27/15 for my answer or everything I have will go straight to the defendant automatically.
As you can see, I am short on time!
Thank You,
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
There are several sample motions for enlargement of time online that you could use as a guide if there is no form provided by your local court.
Here are a few examples:
This is really the only thing you can do to get more time, and with you being on such a short timetable, you need o try and et the motion and order filed tomorrow in order to guarantee you the additional time.
If you can get an agreement with the other party for more time, that could take some pressure off, but if the other party will not agree, you need to act fast.