Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I CAN'T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY, HOW DO I FIND AN AFFORDABLE ATTORNEY…

Customer Question
I CAN'T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY...
I CAN'T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY, HOW DO I FIND AN AFFORDABLE ATTORNEY OR LEGAL HELP WITH FINALIZING MY DIVORCE, AS WELL AS CHILD SUPPORT. WE BOTH WERE ISSUED JOINT LEGAL CUSTODY, ALTHOUGH, CHILDREN ARE WITH ME DURING THE WEEK, AND HE SEES THEM ONLY WEEKENDS.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My Cell(###) ###-####
5/24/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I have provided for you below information and links for legal aid. If you are unable to retain private counsel, you want to start with these services/offices. Another option is to contact family law attorneys is your area and see if they would be willing to take the case at a reduced rate or pro bono. All attorneys are encouraged to do this, so if you explain your hardship, the situation and what you can afford, they may be willing to work with you.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-lowcosthelp.htm
http://lawhelpca.org/
http://www.caforjustice.org/about/organizations
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!