How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of a reputable, successful, attorney in the

Customer Question

I am in need of a reputable, successful, attorney in the Rockford, IL area to represent me in a child support case with my ex-wife and a divorce from my current wife. Due to a couple surgeries and inpatient rehabs I paid my ex-wife the same percentage
of the lower income I was receiving while on disability. We had a verbal agreement and I was unaware that I was actually required to get the original amount of $220/wk. adjusted to reflect the change in income. She was fine with that arrangement and never
complained until many years later when I terminated child support after my youngest daughter was already 20 years old. Now she is trying to sue me for $20,000 and has taken my unemployment and trying for my 401k. I lost my job last month and will be losing
my home soon. I am very unhappy with the attorney I am currently using and I feel poorly represented. So I could a little advice and an aggressive attorney. Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, we are not permitted to provide you with a specific referral (it is one of the rules we have to agree to as experts on the forum), but I can provide you with some resources to find a local attorney that can help you find an attorney that can either provide you with a second opinion or pick up representation for you (take on a more aggressive approach).You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).

Related Family Law Questions