Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

Victim of false police report. How to respond to authoriti

Customer Question

Victim of false police report. How to respond to authorities
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
Has the report resulted in an arrest or in a formal investigation? Can you give more details? What are the authorities asking of you that makes you feel you need to respond?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No arrest, false report, valid listing agreement. Report filed last night.....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Trespass charge filed for showing property. Interference by seller is breach - false charges....do I file report for a false claim of trespass, wait for an investigator....
I need to show the property.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
If a charge has been filed against you, then the charge is not false unless/until the case closes favorably. That is, any conviction by either plea or trial by definition makes the false charge true. So your first priority should be getting rid of the case against you. You could file a report for a false claim, but it won't really go anywhere until your charges are resolved.