How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31675
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What authority does a live in future husband have over the

Customer Question

what authority does a live in future husband have over the womans children ? my grandchildren
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Legally, a step-parent has no legal obligation over or legal rights to the child.....unless the person adopts the child/ren.
However, if the new husband and child/ren live under the same roof, there will be some authority over the children living in the home. It's not a legal right or authority - it's more of a social authority based on the normal family dynamic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - I'm not where I can make a call.....but you're welcome to continue the discussion here.

Related Family Law Questions