Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What is the process a notice of claiim served on

Customer Question
What is the process for...
What is the process for FILING a notice of claiim served on a school district in Nassau county ny? Notice of claim was served on defendants on May 18 amended and served again o May 20 2015. Called Secretary of State and received no assistance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/23/2015
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.Did you file the notice with the state AND with the Court of Claims? You have to do that. I am trying to upload a file which explains what to do, but I am not sure that it is going to attach to this answer. If it doesn't, you'll have to Google "Filing a Notice of Claim" and you can download the PDF yourself from the NYS Court's website.
This is a federal matter
I am opting out for some else who is more familiar with Federal procedures.
Need accurate info on FILING a timely notice of claim that contains state and federal charges and connection of Secretary of State in Albany. Deadline is 5/26.
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor as your previous expert had to leave.
I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is a federal suit, you have sent notice of claims to the defendants, what are you looking to "file" and where do you believe you have to file them?
You did serve the defendants with the notice of claim, correct? And you have proof of the service of the notice of claim to the defendants, correct?
I have found the answer already by calling the town clerk's office.. Notice of claim is to be served on the defendants, their law firm that customarily handles its affairs, and the town of Hempstead at one Washington avenue in Hempstead, ny. It may not be served by a party to a lawsuit. It must be served within 90 days from commencement of act or injury. Thank you for your concern although very late.
Thank you for your reply.
Your response has nothing to do with "filing" as you said. We told you about serving parties and actually gave you a link telling you all of what you copied and pasted back to us in your last reply.
Good luck in your endeavor though and I am glad that the previous expert DID provide you with the information you subsequently claim you received elsewhere.
Your expert provided. Inaccurate information. General Municipal Law and Court of Claim have nothinng to do with each other according to the info that appears on the NY Courts website.
Again, I do sincerely ***** ***** the best with your matter. Good luck.
Both of you are experts. I guess I didn't form my question accurately. Thank you for being so professional to be available to people so early in the morning and providing educational assistance to people. Thank you very much.
Thank you again. And again best of wishes.