Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in the state of Maryland and my wife and I have decided

Customer Question
to get a divorce. What...
I live in the state of Maryland and my wife and I have decided to get a divorce. What is the proper verbage if both parties are looking to part ways with no anomosity.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/22/2015
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
I suggest that the agreement will want to reflect the following and can be stated similar to
The parties herein agree THAT:
1) The parties are separating (or have separated) and have the right to live separate and apart from each other as if single and unmarried.
2) Neither party shall harass, molest or interfere with the other.
3) Neither party shall incur debts in the other's name.
4) Breach of the agreement will allow recovery of attorney's fees, damages and, if applicable, enforcement by specific performance.
So do list items 1-4 for the grounds for divorce??
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
HelloI can continue here. I do not participate in the phone call program offered on this website. I am not sure what you mean the grounds for divorce? I understood it that you both agree to the divorce and so there are no grounds, other than living separate and apart for a year and then filing. And in the meantime, your Marital Separation Agreement will disclose and resolve issues such as alimony, child custody if needed, who lives in the marital home at this time, etc. But you requested the General Release language for the MSA and that is what I provided.
do you have an email address and i can send you the information
Send me what information, please?
If you have something you want me to review, you can use the Contact Us button below and the moderators will tell you how to do that. Though I really can only provide you information on what you ask.
And so if you send information, you need to also have questions for me to address.
I'm trying to complete my divorce forms and there's a section that I don't fully understand, and i wanted to send you the document to make it clearer
Ok. I can look at it and you can tell me what section you do not understand. Please use the Contact Us button below to get help with that. Thanks
I dont see the contact us button below
Try this link, please
ok I ask about sending an email however i was unsuccessful
Ok I'm having extremet difficulties there's a section that allows you to sent an email however its' going to customer service and I fell uncomfortable in sending this information there. Do you have a business email address that can be provided
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law