How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawrence D. Gorin Your Own Question
Lawrence D. Gorin
Lawrence D. Gorin, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1544
Experience:  30+ years family law experience. QDROs, UIFSA, UCCJEA expertise.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawrence D. Gorin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a service? I was awarded my Ex's entire retirem

Customer Question

Is there a for this service? I was awarded my Ex's entire retirement fund (through the State of AZ, his employer) by divorce decree. I have not filed a QDRO, Our divorce was finalized in 2002. The funds should still be there, although he is no longer employed by the State of AZ. How do I get these funds into MY name. The HR Dept will not talk to me about this, because I am not the employee. Where do I start?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lawrence D. Gorin replied 2 years ago.
You will need a proper form of Court Order acceptable to the Arizona State Retirement System Domestic Relations Order.
Download from the following website:
The form is pretty much self-explanatory. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.
L.D. Gorin
Expert:  Lawrence D. Gorin replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to get the form? Can I be of further help?
L.D. Gorin, atty.