How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Judgement support, place 20 years ago, the interest

Customer Question

judgement for child support, place 20 years ago, the interest is now the cost or the same as when the case was made. I had the child live with me for 10 years and he went to school in the city I live in but I did not inform the court of this, when I went back to the school to get the records that proved he was with me they said that only he could get the that info. The mother will not state the child was with me for that time period due to the fact she making extra money every month so she will not state the truth to this case. How can I find a Attorney that can get this judgement removed based on the little info I have given here. I have been paying and the interest dose not go away I am made to look like a man of no character. I am trying to move on with my live after divorce her 30 years ago and I paying into the system and I can not get enough money together to fight back when to system is build to keep me at bay. I work they take and have been going on and on, now I am 55
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
1. We are not permitted to refer a lawyer to you except to say that you should contact the State Bar:
2. If you cannot find a lawyer you can try to do this yourself:
File a declaratory judgment action in the same court that issued the child support order.
Ask the judge to issue an order that reflects what your new balance owed would be if the time period that the child lived with you was taken into account.
Once you file this suit, then you can serve the school with a subpoena duces tecum to get certified copies of the school records and you can have the school's custodian of records come to the court and explain those records also.
Here is the DJ law and a link to a sample DJ petition:
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!