How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a conference support on friday. Will it affect

Customer Question

I have a conference for child support on friday. Will it affect if i am not answering my childs father in any way. Can he use that against me? Can he claim that i am denying him our child.The reason i am not aswering is because all he calls for is too curse me out and argue about things not related to our son.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Is there currently a court order giving him visitation rights?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sir as of now no.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He told me he was going to put himself on child support just to hit me where it hurts which is my son. He stated that he did some research and was told he would have our child every other weekend. Every even year holidays. i honestly am concerned with my childs safety around him. He has threatened his life. And has send me messages that he will commit suicide. he also threatened my life and his. While driving he said he just felt like"" driving off the road and just ending this"". He smokes marijuana along with the people he is living with And is very short tempered and agressive.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
If there is no court order in place granting him visitstion rights, then you really can't deny him the ability to see the child because - unless there is a court order - you both have the same rights to the child. Thus, that may be a hard thing for the father to sell to the court. Also, if he had an issue with this, he could have filed a motion for visitation instead of doing nothing.
Also, you certainly have a right to tell the judge that you've refrained from communications because you are trying to avoid conflict and abide from him. So, the likelihood of this being a big impact on the process is small.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont deny him to see him, ive always told him that he can come see him and spend time with him, but he always comes up with am excuse that he has no gas or saying for what if hes not going to take him then whats the point. i inform him that the point is for jeremiah (our child) to get confortable with him which includes spending time with him.he blames me, saying why cant i take him jeremiah to where he lives amd ask why does he always have to be the one to drive all the way to my house.excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by sell to the court and what is motion for visitation?
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi -
What I mean is that it may be hard for him to convince (dell) the court that you've been denying him the right to see the child.
A motion for visitstion is a written request to give court asking for a court order giving him visitstion rights.

Related Family Law Questions