Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have an order of protection against my husband. I moved out of the home and now live in

Customer Question
the shelter. He is taking...
I have an order of protection against my husband. I moved out of the home and now live in the shelter. He is taking me to small claims court for property that he says that belongs to him. How do I go about that ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/22/2015
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me.
It is his burden to prove that the items belong to him.....so he'll have to provide proof/evidence that the things belong to him. If he can, then it is certainly possible for the judge to order you to release the items......but, if he cannot prove the items are yours, and if you don't admit it, then it's not likely that he'll prevail.
Roger, Attorney