Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been seperated from my husband since November 1, 2013…

Customer Question
I have been seperated from...
I have been seperated from my husband since November 1, 2013 Which he asked me to leave him 6 weeks after I had found out that I had Breast Cancer which was diagnosed the end of May 2013.
I am separated from my legal husband. We have agreed to have our taxes done together. However he has not sent me any of the monies. The total refund was approx $2600.00 dollars and I had only asked for $1000.00. He only sent me the title to the car and a $40.00 check that he was refunded due to a citation over approx 2 years ago.
He claims that he has a lot of my medical bills. He does currently have a Medical Bill which is around $18,000 I have ask him time and time again to contact the Ins Co because most of the surgery should have been covered due to the nature of the surgery. I had a full bi-lateral mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. I can do anything with this bill since my husband is the carrier of the insurance.
From the time I had left he has kept Medical Insurance on me and the car insurance also he paid for my rent a couple of times but that is the only things I've gotten since November 2013 to the present.
We have been married since May 29th 2011 to the present. No legal action has been done.
I was working on the agreeable divorce without legalities however that may have changed.
Refund taxes were done without me signing my husband signed for me and tax consultant says this was ok as long as he had my permission. Of course at the time he did not. He told me about it later rather than having an extension done on the taxes dead line.
My question is what can I do at this point.
My Name Dohna M Kerckhove-Powless
Husband's Name Dean L. Powless
We both reside in the state of Wisconsin
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/21/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 3 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that and I will process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.
After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
I will be able to talk to you tomorrow due short on funds
That is perfectly fine. Just send me a quick reply after you have accepted the additional services offer and I will be able to give you a call.
Have a good afternoon,
Doug
Ely, Counselor at Law