How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 29985
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife gave me a disease after we married what are my opptions did not tell me yrs

Customer Question

My wife gave me a disease after we married what are my opptions did not tell me for 14 yrs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
Are you asking about legal options? Are you planning to file for divorce? Or did you mean to direct this to a relationship expert?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes to both ?' I paid for answers not more ?'s
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Consent to engage in sexual activity is NOT consent to contract an STD. A person who is aware that they have an STD has an obligation to disclose that information to potential partners before they proceed. That means that there could be a a cause of action for battery against her.
The statute of limitations is two years from the date she gave you the disease or one year after you found out about it. If you engaged in sexual activity after finding out about it, then that could negate any cause of action against her for the lies.
A local litigation attorney may be able to help you with both a lawsuit for your injuries and filing for divorce.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome. Good luck.

Related Family Law Questions