Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a granddaughter living here with me and ghubby we r…

Customer Question
I have a granddaughter living...
I have a granddaughter living here with me and ghubby we r 77years old she has 2 children ages 2 and 3 she comes and goes when ever she wants and goes for 5 or 6 days at a time what can we do we r both in bad health
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/21/2015
Family Lawyer: originallawyer, Family Law Attorney replied 3 years ago
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation.
If she's leaving her children in your care and just expects you to take care of them, yes, that is wrong, and if you are having troubles taking care of them do your health, it's also potentially neglect of her children and abuse of your situation.
As far as your options, you can call Social Services or CPS and they can place the children in care. You can also call the police and report her abandonment of them. Something needs to be done to get her attention and know that it is not appropriate for her to keep doing this.
You could also evict her from the house or tell her she's not allowed to live there anymore. You could also have the locks changed, etc.
originallawyer
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney