How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a granddaughter living here with me and ghubby we r

Customer Question

I have a granddaughter living here with me and ghubby we r 77years old she has 2 children ages 2 and 3 she comes and goes when ever she wants and goes for 5 or 6 days at a time what can we do we r both in bad health
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation.
If she's leaving her children in your care and just expects you to take care of them, yes, that is wrong, and if you are having troubles taking care of them do your health, it's also potentially neglect of her children and abuse of your situation.
As far as your options, you can call Social Services or CPS and they can place the children in care. You can also call the police and report her abandonment of them. Something needs to be done to get her attention and know that it is not appropriate for her to keep doing this.
You could also evict her from the house or tell her she's not allowed to live there anymore. You could also have the locks changed, etc.