Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a very concerned Mother of a gay son, who has someone

Customer Question

I am a very concerned Mother of a gay son, who has someone living in hi home who is just a friend I say that lightly as they have been just friends for many years. My son has Fibromyalgia , Lupus, Bi Polar and is not supposed to get anxious, but he is a mess because this man moved in came all the way from Chicago and has planted himself at my sons home and now is refusing to leave, he is paying nothing to stay, or sometimes a small amount, he doesn't help cook, clean, nothing. He is staying in his bedroom and is only coming out when he has to go to the bathroom get a drink or eat and right back in the bedroom. He has been given 30 day notice by the landlord to leave but he refuses to acknowledge he has received them. The police were there this past weekend and too my surprise they did nothing, he refused to come out of the room, they threatened him, but did nothing and just end up leaving. My son is unhealthy and weak and I am afraid even though this guy is small himself he could hurt my son as he doesn't have much strength. I am terribly concerned if he is not forced to leave my son will end up hurt or worse as he hit him on the side of his neck last Sunday. Please help me find a solution for my son. Thanks for listening. I am eagerly waiting an answer.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Family Law litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Does your son own the house or does he rent?