Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

So I divorced in December of last year. since then my ex wife…

Customer Question
so I divorced in December...
so I divorced in December of last year. since then my ex wife has a new boyfriend and is on his insurance. my understanding is once that happens she is no longer entitled to maintenance or any type of support. my children are grown so there is no child support. she told me at one point that she would have to be common law married to get on his insurance and once that took place we could talk about reducing what I pay a month which is $1000. I live in Colorado Springs Co just in case the laws are different. my email is***@******.*** and hope to hear back soon.
Respectfully Submitted,
Scott
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/20/2015
Family Lawyer: retireddebra,
 replied 3 years ago
retireddebra
What province does your former spouse live in?And what does your agreement/judgment say about variations of support, reviews and what a material change in circumstance is?
Family Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Was your divorce decree entered by a CO court or in some other state? Is your ex-wife cohabitating with her new boyfriend? Does your decree indicate that support will terminate upon cohabitation?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Ely, Counselor at Law