Family Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified family lawyer who will answer your question

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

More related answers
All family lawyers are VERIFIED
I need to speak with someone about getting spousal
Jessica B
Jessica B, Juris Doctor
I need to speak with someone about getting spousal maintenance modified by the court … read more
I was wondering if my husband and I got divorced. I am the
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
I was wondering if my husband and I got divorced. I am the bread earner. Would I have to pay him alimony? Can I ask for child support then? … read more
My husband has a nonmodifiable maintenance agreement with
Sue
Sue, Juris Doctorate
My husband has a nonmodifiable maintenance agreement with his ex wife. The only way the contractual and non modifiable maintenance can end is with either remarriage or death. Her boyfriend sold his ho… read more
I was divorced in 1991 in Colorado, and my ex-husband never
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello, I was divorced in 1991 in Colorado, and my ex-husband never paid child support. My kids are now grown, and my ex-husband has come into a sizeable inheritance. Paying back child support would no… read more
What's the law state for establishing a common law marriage
Loren, family lawyer
What's the law state for establishing a common law marriage in colorado … read more
My husband is ready to retire after working 38 years, he has
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Attorney
My husband is ready to retire after working 38 years, he has health issues (diabetes and asbestos) working for an electric company. He is only 59 years old, he is also applying for disability after he… read more
My divorce agreement states that I pay $1000.00 spousal
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Hello. My divorce agreement states that I pay $1000.00 spousal support for 10 years or until death or re-marriage occurs. The end date for spousal support is 1/1/2019. My ex-wife has lives with a man … read more
My husband and I are paying his ex-wife 60k year in
Sam, Attorney
Hi. My husband and I are paying his ex-wife 60k year in alimony. (There is no child support. All kids are grown.) This amount was determined in court at the time of the divorce 3-12 years ago. His ex-… read more
my son had a daughter in 2001 and he (my son) had an auto accident
Ely, Counselor at Law
my son had a daughter in 2001 and he (my son) had an auto accident in 2003 and died because of the accident. at that time in 2003 my wife and i adopted my sons daughter ( the mother of my sons daughte… read more
I know that common law marriage is recognized in Colorado and
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I know that common law marriage is recognized in Colorado and Alabama. Situation: My ex girlfriend lived with me for 5 years in Colorado (we met in Colorado). During that time we filed our taxes joint… read more
Can I sue my boyfriends exwife because judge awarded her alimony
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
Can I sue my boyfriend's exwife because judge awarded her alimony based on me giving money to my boyfriend so he can pay his bills? Virginia… read more
need help with spoual support, i have papers of my divorce and decree petition for spoual
max713
max713, Lawyer, Mediator, Partner, and COO
need help with spoual support, i have papers of my divorce and decree petition for spoual support written aug. 1995. itwas not final. thelawyer i had never sent me any paper work say he had it dis mis… read more
In Colorado, can the divorce decree call out that the co-petitioner
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
In Colorado, can the divorce decree call out that the co-petitioner remain on the petioners health insurance for a designated number of months? Or must a legal separation be filed versus a dissolution… read more
I am divorced in New York State. If my ex-wife co-habitates
Loren, family lawyer
I am divorced in New York State. If my ex-wife co-habitates and/or marries, and we have a cohabitation clause in our divorce agreement, what are my maintenance obligations once she co-habitates or mar… read more
During our final orders hearing in Colorado Springs over 18
Lawyer Lori
Lawyer Lori, Attorney
During our final orders hearing in Colorado Springs over 18 months ago, I was ordered to pay alimony to my ex wife in the amount of $1500 a month for a period of three years. So far during that time s… read more
My current boyfriend was living with his ex-girlfriend for
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
My current boyfriend was living with his ex-girlfriend for 8 years and signed paperwork of a domestic partnership so she would receive insurance benefits through his work. Does this constitute a "comm… read more
HiCustomer JustAnswer is asking me to answer your question
dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
HiCustomer JustAnswer is asking me to answer your question -- "If you lived in state of Colorado with someone and they have..." -- because it falls within my area of expertise.… read more
I want to motion the court for termination of maintenance
Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
I want to motion the court for termination of maintenance based upon remarriage of wife. I do have her marriage license. I went to her attorney pro-se and told him I will not be paying maintenance bec… read more