How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Best Attorney Your Own Question
Best Attorney
Best Attorney, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 57
Experience:  Private practice attorney focussing on family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Best Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone is a sec offender and has to register when they

Customer Question

If someone is a sec offender and has to register when they are out of jail will the sex offender be allowed to have visitation with there child
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Best Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is***** an attorney and I'm happy to help.
To be legally permitted in that situation, visitation with a child in any form is dependent upon a court order. While it is highly unlikely that a recently released convicted sex offender would be permitted to be alone with any child, supervised visits may be an option. This should be requested in front of a domestic relations judge. Depending upon objections and the specific facts of the case, visitation may or may not be ordered. This would also be the time that the same parent may be subject to a child support order.
Hope this helps.

Related Family Law Questions