Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If someone is a sec offender and has to register when they…

Customer Question
If someone is a sec...
If someone is a sec offender and has to register when they are out of jail will the sex offender be allowed to have visitation with there child
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/20/2015
Family Lawyer: Best Attorney, Family Law Attorney replied 3 years ago
Best Attorney
Best Attorney, Family Law Attorney
Hi, My name is***** an attorney and I'm happy to help.
To be legally permitted in that situation, visitation with a child in any form is dependent upon a court order. While it is highly unlikely that a recently released convicted sex offender would be permitted to be alone with any child, supervised visits may be an option. This should be requested in front of a domestic relations judge. Depending upon objections and the specific facts of the case, visitation may or may not be ordered. This would also be the time that the same parent may be subject to a child support order.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sande