Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife of nearly 7 years is threatening to divorce me. We…

Customer Question
My wife of nearly 7...
My wife of nearly 7 years is threatening to divorce me. We own a house 50/50 but my 401k is $110,000 more than mine. I am on Social Security and she earns (including benefits) 104k....what are my rights if she seeks a divorce
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/19/2015
Family Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer
** I provide legal information on line as a low cost public service. I do not represent you and no attorney/client relationship exists. Lic Ny, FL**
Thank you for your question. I look forward to providing you with information for educational purposes only.
Approximately what portion of your 401(k) was earned during the term of the marriage?
Are you on Social Security disability?
Ely, Counselor at Law