S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
44472555

How long does an individual person have to file a motion to

Customer Question

How long does an individual person have to file a motion to modify child custody and what other forms are required to be filed along with this motion to modify child custody?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.
While laws vary from state to state, No state has a statue of limitations for child custody modification. Can you tell me what state you're in and what your situation is? Are you ready asking the court to undo or redo an order that was made? Those requests often have strict time limits.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?