How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 855
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is involved pro per in a dissolution of marriage proceeding

Customer Question

My son is involved pro per in a dissolution of marriage proceeding in the State of California which has caused him extreme emotional distress. He feel he cannot handle this himself but is financially unable to avoid a lawyer. Can I handle this for him under a Power of Attorney?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon:
Unfortunately, this is one thing that a Power of Attorney cannot help him in. He must either continue on himself or obtain the services of an attorney. He might be able to get low cost or free help. Here is a link about that possibility:

Related Family Law Questions