How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Washington State, If I ask secondary child support

Customer Question

In Washington State, If I ask for post secondary child support for my daughter, do both parents have to pay and will it affect her financial aid?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
1) How old is she now?
2) When was the decree rendered - what year?
3) Does the decree state anything about post secondary support? And what do you mean by this anyhow, as in help with college tuition?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is 17, 18 in June. In Washington you can ask for child support to continue through college. but it cant be part of your parenting plan or child support agreement. you have to return to court before the child turns 18 to ask for it. decree was final in 2012.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
So are you asking specifically about CHILD SUPPORT, or help with tuition, or either/both?

Related Family Law Questions