Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can a 11 (almost 12) year old girl decide when she wants to

Customer Question
Can a 11 (almost 12)...
Can a 11 (almost 12) year old girl decide when she wants to see her father who has now moved to Colorado and she is in Texas with her mother. She is very frighted at the thought of flyiing alone and nothing was put in the original divorce decree about a parent moving out of state. She has had numerous problems just visiting him and having to stay more than 2 or 3 nights. She has been seeing a psychologist for and this flight requirement will "undo" all the help and courage he has helped her with. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
The father is very controlling and demanding and our 11 year old will be afraid to tell him she does not want to go; however, considering her health we need to remember that we have to help her and this hurts her for life. If she has a frightening experience it will hurt her for life.
The father did not pay child support for a year and now all he pays is $75 per month which is inclued in his child support. He should have a limit in which this is paid. A judge
The father signed the mother's signature to a $52.000....note and we have court certified proof. We never did anything with it. Is it still valid and could we charge him with forgery. I read that it is good for 10 years and we are close to this time limit. At the time we did not want her father jailed; an that was a mistake. These are just a few things he has done.
5/18/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Just to be clear, the Father was ordered visitation but then proceeded to move out of State and now wants the child to have to get on a plane to visit him?
Ely, Counselor at Law