How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a 11 (almost 12) year old girl decide when she wants to

Customer Question

Can a 11 (almost 12) year old girl decide when she wants to see her father who has now moved to Colorado and she is in Texas with her mother. She is very frighted at the thought of flyiing alone and nothing was put in the original divorce decree about a parent moving out of state. She has had numerous problems just visiting him and having to stay more than 2 or 3 nights. She has been seeing a psychologist for and this flight requirement will "undo" all the help and courage he has helped her with. What can we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The father is very controlling and demanding and our 11 year old will be afraid to tell him she does not want to go; however, considering her health we need to remember that we have to help her and this hurts her for life. If she has a frightening experience it will hurt her for life.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The father did not pay child support for a year and now all he pays is $75 per month which is inclued in his child support. He should have a limit in which this is paid. A judge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The father signed the mother's signature to a $52.000....note and we have court certified proof. We never did anything with it. Is it still valid and could we charge him with forgery. I read that it is good for 10 years and we are close to this time limit. At the time we did not want her father jailed; an that was a mistake. These are just a few things he has done.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. Just to be clear, the Father was ordered visitation but then proceeded to move out of State and now wants the child to have to get on a plane to visit him?

Related Family Law Questions