How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a parent whose child has been taken away and placed into

Customer Question

Does a parent whose child has been taken away and placed into protective custody by CD have the right to another opinion by the expert of her own choice?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. When you write "CD", are you referencing to the Children's Division of the Missouri Department of Social Services?
2. When you ask about a second opinion, are you asking in regard to litigation in a court over custody or are you wondering whether a second opinion is all that is needed to have your child returned? I'm unclear what your expectation is.

Related Family Law Questions