How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking opinion in my case. Are you avail

Customer Question

I'm looking for another opinion in my case. Are you available?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. Thanks for asking for me. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you want to know?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'd like to move forward with my NC divorce but uncertain how to go about it pro se. I've located the form to ask for the divorce but since my wife and her atty won't cooperate in the equitable division part of it, Im wondering if I can simply file the request for the final divorce. Since she never responded and the NC judge noted she didn't if I file and don't ask anything just file it, will he rule on the equitable distribution on his own or will it be a bifurcated divorce with the distribution hanging in limbo?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I didn't want it sent to others.... If it locks it will be fine. I am now wanting to ask specific attorneys.

Related Family Law Questions