Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I'm looking opinion in my case. Are you avail

Customer Question
I'm looking for another opinion...
I'm looking for another opinion in my case. Are you available?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/15/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. Thanks for asking for me. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What do you want to know?

Doug

I'd like to move forward with my NC divorce but uncertain how to go about it pro se. I've located the form to ask for the divorce but since my wife and her atty won't cooperate in the equitable division part of it, Im wondering if I can simply file the request for the final divorce. Since she never responded and the NC judge noted she didn't if I file and don't ask anything just file it, will he rule on the equitable distribution on his own or will it be a bifurcated divorce with the distribution hanging in limbo?

I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.

Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.

Doug

I didn't want it sent to others.... If it locks it will be fine. I am now wanting to ask specific attorneys.

Ely, Counselor at Law