Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I'm still a minor. Can I legally leave my parent's house and

Customer Question
I'm still a minor. Can...
I'm still a minor. Can I legally leave my parent's house and move in with my grandparent?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
5/14/2015
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Until you have reached the age of majority, you do not have the legal right to move from the home of your parent(s) without their permission, and move in with a grandparent.
You could be deemed a runaway of you did that and your grandparent could be charged with harboring a runaway or with interference with parental custody.
I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.
If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.
Kindly take a moment to rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided. Please understand that I have no control over the how the law impacts your particular situation.
Thank you,
Doug
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law