ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

How to remove power of attorney from my adult children.....they

Customer Question

how to remove power of attorney from my adult children.....they took all paperes....
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

New YORK STATE

You can request information from your agent at any time. If you are revoking a prior Power of Attorney, you should provide written notice of the revocation to your prior agent(s) and to any third parties who may have acted upon it, including the financial institutions where your accounts are located. You can revoke or terminate your Power of Attorney at any time for any reason as long as you are of sound mind. If you are no longer of sound mind, a court can remove an agent for acting improperly.
The principal (you) may revoke the power of attorney in accordance with the terms of the document by delivering a written, signed and dated revocation to the agent and to any third party that the principal reasonably believes has received, retained or acted upon the power of attorney.
Here's such a form:
http://powerofattorney.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/new-york-revocation-form-power-of-attorney-form.pdf
Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!