Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I am a single female foster parent of 20 years. An agency I

Customer Question

I am a single female foster parent of 20 years. An agency I registered with a few years ago, placed a 18 year old untreated male adolescent in my home with a history of aggressive and menancing behavior. This information was not shared with me. As a result, I've had to call the police, file reports..my son (who resides in the basement apartment) had two physical altercations with this person. I am fearful every day. I requested over 6 months ago to have him removed...nothing thus far. Can I sue the agency for wreckless endangerment?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to sue the agency, you have to prove that you knew that he was dangerous and did not provide notice or treatment for the minor. If you have that proof, then you could sue them for negligence and the damages and harm you suffered for them knowing that the juvenile was a danger and that they failed to provide that notice and did not even provide treatment for the juvenile and hence, put you in danger.
You need to engage a local attorney to pursue them in court, but you would have a case based on you proving their prior knowledge of his issues and failure to inform you of the potential danger.