How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband filled and involves a 2 year old child

Customer Question

my husband filled for divorce and involves a 2 year old child that he asked for sole custody, the judge granted him every other weekend ( Friday evening till Monday morning ) overnight parenting time, my baby is away from my care 3 nights in a row and Tuesdays and Thursdays afternoon from 4:30 till 7 PM, the baby is only 2 years old, I am breastfeeding my baby, she had never a pacifier nor ever was bottle fed, she falls asleep on my breast, and she is taken away from me every other weekend to stay with her father, he was ordered anger management and coping mechanisms how can I change a family law judge ruling regarding parenting overnight stay, it is my understanding and observation that the emotional trauma of separation between my baby as the primary care giver, is scaring my babies wellbeing. I do not mind she has parenting time Tuesdays and Thursdays. when she was brought back to me she was emotionally distorted, came back hoarse, probably crying herself asleep, had a fungal diaper rash, and did not leave my breast. I can not understand how the father does not see the pain the baby is going through being separated for 3 nights in a row. please help what can I do??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. Have you filed an appeal of the Order? When was it entered? Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello thanks for your reply, my lawyer asked for a deposition and the Judge agreed this will be the 20th of may. I am so afraid since we did not get anything positive as of yet, I am afraid this will go no where either I guess.
can we ask for another Judge, I looked up how she has a record and is called different names like " hater of mothers", she is extreme bias", and that she is under investigation by other judges, etc,,,,, I was told by my lawyer NOt to be present the first court appearance, I wonder if that hurt my case as a defendant, I can not tell you what was said. can I ask for a transcript? will the judge and or my lawyer know about this, will they see or be notified that I asked for it???
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
No, you probably can't ask for another Judge. You would have to prove that the Judge be specifically biased against you. If your lawyer told you not to be present, I would listen to him; there is no way for me to make a comment on whether that is good/bad for you as I don't know the entire situation or your lawyer/the court. The hearing will be recorded and you may have to pay a court reporter to transcribe it for you. I would talk to your lawyer about that as well. I hope this helps. If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.Michael