How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help to get my grand kids back from cps i made a mistake

Customer Question

i need help to get my grand kids back from cps i made a mistake by sending my niece to pick up my grandson from school she has no licence to drive cps was at my house to do a house visit and she took them from me said i no longer was going to get them back she is doing more wrong to them by putting them thought all this mt sister lives next door to me she has passes the back ground check they told her no because i live next door to her i just want them with family the worker tells me they can't be around any family members can't go no where they might has well be in jail or in a bubble they did not do any thing wrong please help me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
You should be getting notice of your first court date shortly. It will be the detention hearing. When you come to court you need to go into the courtroom and check in.
When you go to the court hearing they may give you an attorney if you can't afford one. He or she will give you a piece of paper to read. This is called a Petition. The Petition will have a list of things that are numbered. These are called allegations and they say what the social worker thinks is going on with you and your kids.
At the first hearing the court will decide whether your child should go home right away or not. This is the first time the court will be
asked to make sure that your kids are safe.
If the kids can't go home with you, the court will make orders about when you can visit your child and where.
You will then have follow up hearings where the court decides whether or not
your child needs to stay in the system and where your child should live.
As soon as court is over you should talk with your social
worker right away so you can know what you need to be doing
for the next court date.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!