How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was told my biolagical father owed back child support and

Customer Question

I was told my biolagical father owed back child support and my mother passed away how do I go about finding out about it and if I can still collect it I reside in wyoming and my biolagical father resides in Ohio
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Do you know what state issued the child support order?
Is the money being collected from a child support agency via any type of wage garnishment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was adopted in California before we moved to wyoming and not sure if there was a order placed my dad that adopted told me about he owed back child support to me so I am unsure where to look

Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Ok. What state and county were your parents divorced?
Because that is where you will want to begin. In the Superior/Circuit Court to see what the terms of the order were when they divorced. The clerk of the court can assist if you give full names and dates of birth of your parents.
They can tell you when the order was issued. Then I suggest you will want to check with child support enforcement to see if there is a collection on it such as wage garnishments.
You may then also need to check in the state where your Mother lived because she could have gotten the wage garnishment from the CSE office in that state and county.