Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband has been taking stuff out of the house slowly and

Customer Question

my husband has been taking stuff out of the house slowly and has been pretending that things have been fine but i know they havent been. if i change the locks on the house will he beable to enter the home. his mom and dad have been coming in during the day and taking the stuff.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI suggest, you should not lock him out of the house, without first going to the courts and seeking a restraining order. That type of order can be issued if you are in fear or danger of your wellbeing.The only other option is to file for a divorce and get a Temporary Order granting you temporary use and possession of the home.Please NOTE that I can only provide informational answers to what you askTherefore, if you have other questions or need clarification in this regard, please let me know. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.Thank you