How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There... If my sons mother moved from the jurisdiction

Customer Question

Hello there... If my sons mother moved from the jurisdiction she was living in, but uses the same address to keep my son in the same school. Is that against the law.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, if the child is not living in the school jurisdiction and is falsifying the address, then this is considered fraud and as such it is grounds for her to be charged with fraud and also she can be made to pay the costs to the school board for educating the out of district child.

You need to report it to the school board with your evidence for them to investigate.