How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118272
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is 14. Her father has physical custody during

Customer Question

My daughter is 14. Her father has physical custody during the school year (Pocatello, id), I have visitation. I have physical custody during the summer (Meridian, Idaho) he has visitation. The visitation is the 1st 3rd and 5th weekends. My soon to be husband in military and we have orders to move to california. I gave my X 30 day written notice. He finally responded one month later states his concerns etc. I have come up with a plan that is equal to our current for time and have offered to pay the airline tickets to transport. He currently drive almost two hours to meet with the new arraignment he will drive 2 hours to the airport. The move not only is for my husband but I have a job offer that significantly increases my income. What my chances of getting this granted??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your ex objects, based on military orders and a new job, the chances of a court agreeing to the move are significantly high. Unless the ex can prove that the area you are moving to is not suitable or dangerous, there is not much of a chance that the court will deny such a move with the reasonable offer of you paying for air fare, since the drive to the airport is no different in time than he has now.

As long as you submit proof of the military orders and proof of the job, together with some evidence that the new place you will be living will provide a safe and healthy environment for the child, the courts are very understanding of these situations and will generally grant them based on the circumstances you described.