How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35005
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My stepson and his wife are going thru a divorcee and he was serived with a domestic viol

Customer Question

My stepson and his wife are going thru a divorcee and he was serived with a domestic violence protective order a few weeks ago and she has contacted him via text message, and like a dummy he responds back, (she was texting him tring to get back together), but now that he still don't want to get back together she has now added me and my wife into a new statement that she has been harrassed by phone and text from us. What action can we take for falsely accusing us?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I am sorry for this dilemma.
If she is lying about you, and those lies are harmful to your reputation? You can sue her for defamation. Under civil law, defamation is defined as a false statement of fact that harms the reputation of the victim. So if your goal is to take legal action, you can hire an attorney and file a defamation case against her.
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.