P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My ex girlfriend has my son in FL. I currently am working China.

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend has my son in FL. I currently am working China. Is she required to allow me to skype with him if she has the means to do so? She has 2 days off per week and a working smartphone and computer. Also, we have yet to go to court for custody. If I did have to go to court, I have evidence of her trying to manipulate me and constantly forgetting or "being too busy" to let me see him and her purposely ignoring me be something that could help my chances of having him more when I return home and file for custody?
Submitted: 2 years ago via TexasChild-Custody.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. A court could certainly order that she facilitate communications between you and your son via Skype or other such means. That said, absent a court order, she has no obligation to ensure your ability to communicate with your son. So if the goal is to maintain communication with your son, you may want to consider hiring an attorney in Florida and filing a motion with the court to order she facilitate communication between you and your son. Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.