How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can spouse have two states dealing with child support.

Customer Question

How can spouse have two states dealing with child support. Florida has the case and spouse moves away and when there is an issue with Florida child support office paying her she claim in the state of Pennsylvania that she isn't getting paid. Then in turns now Pennsylvania is now involved when it should be Florida. Now Pennsylvania what to take my whole tax refund involving my new spouse into this situatio? What do I need to do to reverse this situation? Does she have the right to claim in Pennsylvania when Florida is the state which hold our case?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will do what I can to help...Are you still in FL?.Has your ex filed a formal legal action to transfer the case to PA?.Are you behind on your child support?..thanksBarristerr
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I am military still active duty now in Colorado. No she has not. No, Florida takes automatically out of my pay. They pay her what they are allowed to take from my pay with the military And Florida is at fault for going with the original order when my son turned 18 and she never filed to update that he was still in school.

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Ok, military law child support issues are not one of my areas of expertise. We do have military law experts here who could probably address your question better than I could..With that said, I will opt out and open the question to other experts who should be able to help...Your account hasn't been charged for our conversation....thanksBarrister
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Different expert here, with experience in military cases. It sounds like you have a mess on your hands. Is this something you would like to chat on the phone about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, my number is ********** /p>

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Sent the offer. If you accept I can provide my phone number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what was the offer? I had clicked on accept but it did not show anything? Brought me back to this page.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me, are you on a mobile device?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Just answer does not support mobile devices. I highly encourage you to contact customer service and complain. Perhaps they will change your policy sometime in the future. I certainly hope so. I will opt out and allow other experts to assist you if they can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no wait now I am on a computer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you send your offer again?

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Can not. It will not allow me. I am a user, just like you. Consider canceling this question, obtaining a refund, and re-asking a question with my name in the title. Then I can attempt to resend the phone offer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok will do. Thank you.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.