How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19317
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Maternal Grandparents got emergency order to remove 2 of my

Customer Question

Maternal Grandparents got emergency order to remove 2 of my children from me. The mother and I do not have custody established. They lied in court saying they lived locally, but instead, they lived in another state, Texas. Only proof was mother's testimony and a picture of a cabinet frame I built but had since made it into a cabinet. They knew the judge and got my kids. They then dismissed the case here in Oklahoma and mother opened a custody case in Texas the same day. I opened a case, but it was filed after theirs so it was put in stay. The case in Texas was dismissed due to jurisdiction in Oklahoma. Since then, they have hidden my children from me, my youngest was born and given to a non-relative when he was 9 days old and mother has lost parental rights. 2 people, not willing to testify, said my 6 y/o son is being beaten and has bruises and the woman who has my youngest son has now filed for conservatorship. I just recently found out where the maternal grandparents who have 2 of my children live. I reported this to abuse hotline, CPS is checking on it now. Police told me where they live. Case that was in stay is now in appeal. The judge was removed from the bench in children's court. Please, please help me! I want to raise my children. They have been hidden from me for almost 2 years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Regrettably, this case cannot be handled here as we do no represent anyone on this site. You need a local Oklahoma Attorney who handles CPS/DHS cases to assist you in navigating the Court system. First, the Attorney should file Emergency Motion for Custody to get you temporary custody of the children while the rest of the issues are going through the Court system. You should use the following sites to find local Attorney who handles CPS/DHS issues: and
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So an attorney in Oklahoma can file an emergency motion for custody for my children in Texas with the children being in Texas a little over 2 years and my youngest son born there, but conceived in Oklahoma?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh and thank you for your help
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
If you are still in Oklahoma, custody case can still be filed in Oklahoma for two of the children that were removed from Oklahoma under false pretenses. For the kid that was born in Texas, the custody case must be filed in Texas.

Related Family Law Questions