How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19632
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have 3 young children filed with the attorney general

Customer Question

have 3 young children filed with the attorney general for childsupport and lonestar legal aid for the divorce. The father/husband was served on March 17, 2015 to provide tax and income verification within 30 days and lonestar legal aid was to wait to file for divorce until childsupport was ordered but they filed anyways now attorney general told me on the 29 of April 2015 they have to dismiss my childsupport case due to lonestar legal aids filing. My children are being evicted. we have no means of support and their father makes more than enough money to help them.. he has not seen or spoken to them since Feb. 2, 2015 when I pressed charges against him for domestic assualt.. what can I do? Can you Help us?
Linda Morton
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My children ages twins 3 and my son 6 have to move out tomorrow by midnight or else the marshall has to come. My landlords are willing to work with me if I had the money. My attorney through lonestar legal aid, Duana Boswell-Lochel told me in person and via email she would file for an emergency hearing for support. Now it is 4 weeks in and nothing yet. Duana Boswell-Lochel told me via email that she had contacted ***** ***** Morton's attorney about support and his response was, he was unaware that his client has not paid yet and he would contact his client(***** ***** morton) in regards ***** ***** My children and I will be homeless tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***** *****s mortons attorney is Gregory donnell of angleton, tx.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to read about your difficulties. You need to update your Landlord on the status of your case and ask for extra time to come up with the rent. Your Landlord cannot evict you anyway without filing complaint with the Justice of Peace Court. You need to contact your Attorney tomorrow and tell her about your impending eviction and the need to file for the emergency hearing on child support immediately. Best wishes,