How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a motion with the court to terminate child support

Customer Question

I filed a motion with the court to terminate child support in march of 2015. i receieved a notice after 45 days that i owed 670 in past due child support. however, i have since learned that i have a wage garnishment for child support, i have had over a 1000.00 takn in earning out of my last 3 checks. my daughter has been in jail as an adult and will remain there through june. i did not get an order that i was to be garnished?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
What is your question? So, your Motion to terminate child support was denied?