How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to make an addendum to my divorce decree done in .

Customer Question

I need to make an addendum to my divorce decree done in HI. I have to send it to DEERs for Navy to pay me directly instead of my ex. the wording is incomplete for the navy to do it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is a specific calculation the Military uses when Adding up retirement due to spouses in a divorce. There is also specific wording that I had at one time to use in the addendum for the courts modify our divorce decree to allow DEERs to pay me directly. I need to fill out the correct addendum for HI and don't know where to start.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
The language is not complex...can you tell me, what does your decree say?