Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My father died 6/14/2004. He was pretty well off. He never

Customer Question

My father died 6/14/2004. He was pretty well off. He never remarried after my mom and he divorced but lived with his girlfriend Mary over 20 years. Mary was never married and has no children. When my died died, he left 40% to Mary and the real estate and me and my brother 30%. She died 4/21/2015. I just found out about it recently because my dads sister sent me a note ( I haven't seen or spoke with them in over 30 years) on 3/7, was sent to a completely wrong address, either way? I was in Peru on vacation and just received the letter this last Monday requesting I contact them. Which I did. I have two questions. Since my dad and Mary were never married? Is there any recourse to suing to get back the money she inherited from my dad? How do I get a copy of his will? Please advise
Thank you
Gail xxxx
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details. I want to make sure I understand...your dad left money to his girlfriend, and you want to see his will?