How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was physically abused by my husband in June 2014 I got

Customer Question

My son was physically abused by my husband in June 2014 I got the runaround from CPS and the police are stating now that I have the evidence at hand that they cannot do anything about it because it's been almost a year what can I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI am sorry to hear of this situation for you and your sonI suggest this could be consider Child Abuse Physical. And the statute of limitations for physical child abuse is 4 years after the minor turns 18. So I am unsure why you are being told charges cannot be filed.I suggest that you can take this directly to the District Attorney in the county where the crime happened and discuss this with them as they are the ones who will determine prosecution or notIf you have other questions or need clarification post them here, pleaseOtherwise, I would appreciate a Positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.Thank you.