How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have join custody, can my x-wife take him across state lines

Customer Question

we have join custody, can my x-wife take him across state lines without my ermission
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,
Is your ex-wife moving across state lines without your permission or just traveling with the child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
I see.
Unless the order of custody itself prohibits a spouse traveling across state lines with the child, this would not typically be a violation of law.
You could file a motion seeking to modify the custody order so it includes such language, but if the current order does not include it, then there would typically be no other recourse available under these circumstances.
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Related Family Law Questions