Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Hello dave, My name is ***** ***** I am the sister

Customer Question
Hello dave, My name is *****...
Hello dave,
My name is ***** ***** I am the sister of the minor. I need help trying to figure out what i need to do and what to fill out now. So here is the situation. In 2014 my mother had tried to get guardianship back from my aunt and uncle she was given a 6 month trial to be able to be authorized the complete guardianship of my sister. in that time she had passed away and now there was a gap in guardianship. We had a court date set up for my mother that i attended and I had attended at that time the judge reinstated guardianship back to my aunt and uncle and I had to fill out the temporary guardian ship petition. I did that but need to re-do it because it is wrong i am not sure how to fill out the form correctly but i had a court date on the 30th of December and had to re fill out the screening for the temporary guardianship. the judge excepted that for me to become the temporary guardian but now i have to refill out all the other forms. I also have to do a temporary letter and order which I am not sure exactly what that is at all and the judge did not explain what that was. this is do by the 30th of this month along with the rest of the paperwork that was declined and i have another court hearing on the 23 of march. Was wondering If you could help me with this and understanding what I need to do?
Sincerely *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/3/2015
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What forms did the court give you to fill out? The self help desk at the court should have given you the forms.

What problems are you having filling out the forms? Tell us specifically what do you need help understanding.