Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

my mother has dementia

Customer Question
, she is married to...
my mother has dementia , she is married to my stepfather he lives in Florida . she stays in Georgia with me. I have been her care giver for the last three years. I had custody of her last year but some how. when I tried to file her taxes, pension social security disability. I couldn't because I didn't have the pension papers. they said the guardian was changed back to my stepfather, but she still lives with me. I do receive her social security disability, but not her pension. my stepfather receives the pension to take care of his house hold. he does have his own business. and he also receive my mom disability for my younger sister they adopted at eight hundred dollars a month. I don't have enough money to take care of her. I don't hear from nor see my sister or my step father. I don't have any money to get a lawyer. but a lawyer is being paid out of my moms account for my step father. can someone direct to someone that can help me please!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Family Law
1/3/2015
Family Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
1. please state your specific question(s) so we can better assist you.
they said the guardian was changed back to my stepfather
2. who said this?
3. did you ever obtain a court order in FLA or GA stating that you were the guardian?
4. did your step father ever obtain a guardianship order?
5. what are the dates of each of these orders and what state are they from?

I had guardianship since 2011, I call the courts and they sent me a copy of a paper stating that the guardian is my step father now, but no one notified me that was 2013. I haven't heard nor seen my stepfather, my mother is still with me what should I do?

In order to better assist you I need for you to please identity the guardianship orders issued by date (month and year) and by which state and where your mother was living at the time the order was issued.
Also, please state your specific legal question or what result you would like to achieve.
I here to help you....

you said it would be 36.00 . you gharged my card 60 plus 36plus 55

Please know that I have not received any payment as of yet. Please contact JA and ask them to correct this and then we can go forward. I will let them know of your complaint as well...thank you for your patience...
Did you get the payment issue squared away with JA?