Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

i am headed back to court with my ex for the third time, each…

i am headed back to...
i am headed back to court with my ex for the third time, each time he lawyers up and i go pro se. Each time it is for non compliance of the PSA, each time i have won, his time he hired a lawyer for" dads" and is now wanting to reduce or eliminate alimony / child support claiming change of circumstances, he owns his own dental practice, he did merge and is claiming he works for they now and makes 300,000 less a year, he filed a CIS and I did some research, he verified false statements, he lied about owning 12 race horses, 5 of which he bought in 2014, the year he claims to not be able to afford to pay his financial responsibilities, anyway, is this information ( him committing perjury ) admissibale when we return to court
1/2/2015
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.
The answer is yes. If he is on the stand, then such evidence is admissible for two reasons:
1) To show how much money he is making, and
2) To impeach his veracity on the stand.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Ely, Counselor at Law