Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Hey I've im 22 years old have two kids and want their mom out…

Hey I've im 22 years...
Hey I've im 22 years old have two kids and want their mom out my life.. I understand this can be hard because of the following.. We been together almost 4 years, I have a 2 year old and a 11th mind old. The reason I want her out it is because she is mentally Insane, she's violent and not worth keeping around anymore. What can I do to remove her out of my house.. The house is under my name I pay all the bills. Only thing she provides is child care while I'm at work
1/1/2015
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am taking it you are not married to her, correct?

You have evidence of her violent conduct and behavior? Has she attacked you physically and if so has it been reported to the police?
I have pictures of the screw driver she threw at the wall. Hopefully some recording still.. But local police do know her of being a little out of wack and the sheriff is also aware of her behavior
Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delay as I had to step away a bit.

You are not married, correct? You did not tell me whether or not you were married as I need to make certain.
No I'm not married
Thank you for your reply. I apologize again for the delay, but I got caught up with New Years day activities.

If you are not married and want to keep the children, there are some steps you need to follow carefully. First, gather your documentation for your evidence of her behavior. Get whatever you can, video, call the police when she acts violent, whatever to create documentation for use as evidence.

Second, you need to go to court, before anything else and file a Petition for custody together with an emergency order for temporary custody based on her violent conduct, preferably using an attorney if you want to increase the chance of success. In addition to the custody order, you file a motion for an order of protection against her for you and the children based on her violent conduct. The custody order from the court will be necessary for you to evict her and stop her from taking the children.

Finally, once you file the petition for custody and ex parte custody motion and you get the order of protection, you serve her a 30 day notice to leave your premises in writing. The order of protection will make her leave the house immediately, but in this type of situation, she is still treated like a tenant, even though there is no lease or no rent payment, and you give her 30 days to get out and if she refuses you file suit against her for eviction, even while she cannot come to the residence or near you and the children because of the order of protection.

These are the steps you follow to get her out of the house and out of your life and to protect the children from her violent conduct.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them.