How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118722
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex is trying to uses the following Orange County parenting

This answer was rated:

My ex is trying to uses the following Orange County parenting plan as a go to, and I find it ridiculous they are suggesting a one month old have 5-8 hours away from the mother. Does this happen in real life? Is this outdated? I am currently breastfeeding. He wants to take the child to see his family several hours away. I think it is ridiculous to have a month or two year old away from mom for that long. Will i win this in court?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please understand this is not my personal opinion here, it is simply an explanation of the laws and how they have evolved.

It is not outdated actually it was brought about because of an effort of the states to make the laws more gender neutral and give male parents equal opportunity as female parents. Actually, the old theory is a child under 2 years of age should not spend time away from the mother. The gender equality groups were the ones who pushed for father's rights and fought to say that a father should have equal rights to bond with the child during those formative years.

Do those parenting plans get followed in real life, yes they do as long as the father is shown to be capable to have and care for the child that young. As far as breast feeding, the courts have ordered mothers to pump and supply breast milk or if not formula for the visits with the father.

In some cases it may be ridiculous, but the laws were changed to make it equal and took it away from the way it used to be thinking that a father could not care for an infant.

As far as you winning in court, it depends on whether you can prove he is not capable of caring for such a small child and would not be competent to provide such care, which you would do by presenting witnesses in court about his abilities or lack thereof.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you